How to Make and Cancel an Appointment
There are a many ways to book an appointment;
1. Call for an urgent on the day appointment at 8am or 2pm (these are initially telephone consultations) On the day appointments can only be booked over the phone.
2. Visit our home page and click "Online Consultations" to complete an Econsult form. The practice will then triage the form and book you the most appropriate appointment. You will be called or text to let you know when this appointment will be (for non urgent appointments or queries).
3. Call the surgery and pre book an appointment up to 6 weeks in advance. You can book telephone or face to face appointments via this method - we recommend calling at our less busy times between 10am and 1pm then between 3pm and 5pm
What is eConsult?
eConsult enables NHS based GP practices to offer online consultations to their patients. This allows patients to submit their symptoms or requests to their own GP electronically and offers around the clock NHS self-help information, signposting to services, and a symptom checker.
eConsult is the most widely used digital triage tool in NHS primary care, built by NHS GPs for NHS patients, designed to enhance patient access, improve practice efficiencies and signpost patients to the right place at the right time for their care. Live in 3,330 NHS practices, eConsult gives millions of patients access to their own GP online (eConsult | Online consultation solution for NHS GP Practices).
After you have submitted an eConsult form the practice will be in touch within 48 working hours.
Appointments are 10 minutes long and the doctors and nurses try to keep to time as far as possible. There are occasions when an appointment can run over time so please be patient if you have to wait. To keep the surgery running as smoothly as possible please remember the following points:
- please arrive on time for your appointment.
- please let us know if you cannot keep your appointment.
- please don't bring other family members or friends to be seen in your slot.
- please don't save up six problems for one appointment.
If you have several problems or need more time please tell the receptionist who will ask the doctor when it would be convenient to offer you a longer appointment.
Our reception team are highy trained and have a wealth of knowledge about when, where and if a patient needs to be seen by a health care professional. The receptionist will ask for a brief outline of your problem when you ring to book an appointment.
This is because we have introduced “Care Navigation”. It means we have trained receptionists and clerical staff to help patients by identifying the most appropriate place for their care.
Through this specialist training, our practice team will be able to direct you to the most appropriate health clinician for your needs first.
If they can deal with the problem directly, it will often be quicker and means you may not need to see the GP at all. More Information...
Cancelling your appointment
Please contact the surgery to cancel your appointment via phone or email email@example.com
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.